The units are suited for either singles or couples and comprise a lounge/dining room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and sun porch. There is an enclosed carport for each unit.
The property is fenced with entrance through electric gates. There is an intercom and remote for each unit. A panic alarm system is in place.
This complex is for seniors who will enjoy independent living and it is strongly recommended that residents should have their own transport.
There is a full time gardener/handyman on duty Monday to Friday, supervised by the PADCA maintenance manager.
Residents nominate a representative who then attends the monthly PADCA management meeting, which takes place at Sunnyside Park Home.
Kurume Complex offers residents:
- Independent living in one bedroom flats or cottages in tranquil surroundings
- Enclosed carports for each unit
- A secure environment
- Weekly garden and domestic service (included in rent)
- Membership to the PADCA group ambulance scheme (included in rent)
- Handyman/ gardener on duty during the week
- 10 days free respite (convalescence) care per financial year (Mar to Feb)
We ascribe to the Eden Alternative, a philosophy of care which honours the individuality of every senior and encourages the active participation of the residents in activities and decisions.
The PADCA Family
As part of the PADCA family, Kurume has the leadership and support of the umbrella organisation and residents have preferential access to the continuum of PADCA services.